Common Admission Test (CAT) since 2014, has undergone various changes both structure and in content as well. Though the elementary things haven’t changed, but more determination is required of an aspirant. The next six months will be critical for preparation. Success depends on a well-defined preparation schedule to compete against high sectional cut-off and overall percentile. A good CAT score can get you a seat in IIM’s and top rated business Institutions.
CAT 2016 will be organized by IIM Bangalore, and about 1.5 – 2.0 lakh aspirants are expected to take on the test. Few points to note, in-case you are going to appear for CAT 2016:
- Duration of Common Admission Test is 180 minutes.
- Exam would consists three sections – QA (Quantitative Ability), DILR (Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning), and VRC (Verbal & Reading Comprehension).
- +3 points for correct answer and -1 for incorrect ones.
- No penalty for unanswered questions.
- No negative marking for Non Multiple Choice Questions.
Since the year of 2009, CAT starts conducting a computer based online test which declares the result in Percentile form and after that, B-schools shortlist aspirants on the basis of their percentile scores.
Important dates for CAT 2016 entrance exam –
- Notification – July 2016
- Registration starts – August 2016
- End date of registration – September 2016
- Admit card available – October 2016
- Exam Date – End of the November 2016 (Sunday)
- Results – 2nd week of January 2017
Apply for CAT on the official website address – http://www.iimcat.ac.in which will be enabling according to the mentioned month of this year. During registration, candidates have to choose any four cities for test centers as preference. Therefore, they will allot any one city among all the preferred ones for giving the test.
Way to apply for CAT exam online –
- First of all, create a profile
- Login with system generated user ID and password
- Finally, submit the application form after fill up the details and online payment.
Furthermore, students can check the registration summary by login with user id and password into the website.