Business schools cannot afford to remain in silos. Business studies should be aligned to address problems that people confront in work settings. MBA recruits have to weigh the value, complimentary, and conflict in brands, consider tax and manufacturing issues, and recommend how to finance and value the deal. Classrooms, in addition to Simulation and exposure to industry have become a must – to cement a place for yourself. Knowledge of your domain and subjects will help you to boost and enhance the power of decision making wherever you go for employment across the world.
About MBA programs
Best MBA programs are those who have re-aligned and mapped to the highly competitive industry. Professors emphasize on cultivating an effective learning environment so as to create smart students – those who best use their intelligence, intellectual and emotional, and their personal styles. Academic calendars, detailed course- outlines are some of the preferred tools to improve teaching quality. These tools help students set study goals, understand learning outcomes from the assignments scheduled and encourages them to set & commit time judiciously on the activities outlined. Every assignment, activity and presentation is aimed at inculcating a good sense of how business works. A good understanding of how a decision is made, on the work processes, and work settings realigns a student to organizational realities.
Quality MBA programs offer more employable add-ons in areas where ever the curriculum is thin. For example, curriculum is never centered on developing Creative, Innovative Thinking. Even though MBAs are well trained analytically, many executives believe that they still lack essential innovative thinking skills. Good MBA institutes follow a pedagogy wherein – classroom teaching is practiced via simulations – both online and offline. Ambiance maintained in a reputed institute resembles more of a corporate wherein students is frequently made to confront unstructured problems, ambiguous data, rapidly changing business environments, and information overload. Thus MBA education is all about -preparing students for a world that is unpredictable.
Further , much has been already written about the significance of oral and written communication. Managing, undoubtedly is a never-ending series of contacts with other people. MBA’s need to keep mastering these skills to sell their ideas in a powerful, succinct way. Business plans, every MBA student makes but often they lack clarity, accuracy, precision, and conciseness. Reputed MBA institutes emphasize a lot on oral and written aspects of a student along with his rational thinking capabilities.
Consider some points before enrolling yourself into the MBA program –
- The curriculum of every MBA course brings a certain amount of money and demands from aspirants as course fees. Hence, you have to do an appropriate research about the university, institution and the scope of it.
- With the help of the internet, you can get the better understanding about the fees structure, college reputation, exam process, placement percentage and other essential things by doing a thorough research.
- Take guidance from elders, counselors, professionals because these ways really contain a worth before selecting any university.
- If you are already busy on the job but you want a specific skill set to improve your employment position so it is important to communicate with those people who has awareness about it and helps to take an unbiased decision.
Before winding off the article, from an MBA student’s or a new MBA graduate’s perspective,it is important to educate yourself to the work settings. Being a knowledge-worker is the way to go , and you can always do few of these to self-groom yourself:
- Along with your MBA, you can always add relevant – additional skills, knowledge, and ongoing reinforcement that showcases yourself as a knowledge worker. MOOC’s can be a good place to look out for such skills.
- Develop problem-solving and thinking skills – though MBA programs are packed with these skill-set in their curriculum. Keep yourself well-informed – and to do so inculcate the habit of reading outside of your discipline.
- Relate what you study with situations in which you are involved or will get involved with in the near future. Try to perfect your observation skills and ask yourself, “Is this the way I would deal too ?” If not, compare and contrast the approaches for use as a learning opportunity.
- Volunteer for assignments that you think is difficult and is not your cup of tea. This would help you to explore your boundaries – and develop your skills for situations that fall beyond your boundaries.
Sonam has done her B.E. in Computer Science & Engineering. She happens to be a passionate content writer with 4+ years of functional experience and has varied interests in technology, travel, tourism and management related areas.